Monday, April 19, 2010

Week 18

April 19, 2010

Today is the first day of week 18 of our 36 week training plan. By this time next week, we will be half way there. Do I feel half way there? No. Am I telling myself that I am? Yes.


This weekend was a turning point for me. There was a moment where I really knew within my heart of hearts that my goal is one I can obtain. It was on a five mile run that completed my four hour brick. A brick is when you do two disciplines in a row; so swim, then bike; bike, then run; etc.

On the run, I had a moment where I felt in my bones that I would finish this race. It was going to be rough, long, and the hardest thing I've ever done. But, for a moment, I believed I would finish.

Hopefully, the belief made a connection in my brain and the seed only grows stronger as time goes on. Either way, in 18 weeks, I'll set out on my 17 hour race that I've spent thousands of hours working towards.

No comments:

Post a Comment